Ryan has been the principal analyst on the Digital lifestyle Predictor programme for the past 3 years, and has recently developed the DLM segmentation tool for use in analysing digital lifestyle trends.
Since joining BMI-T, Ryan has worked on many large scale consumer and business market studies, specialising in a range of methodology techniques such as cluster analysis, factor analysis and regression analysis.
Ryan has been a Research Methodology Expert on over 10 large-scale research projects, including:
- Broadband Opportunities Project – 1080 business and residential interviews
- SaaS Qualitative Market Study – 30 in-depth interviews with small companies in Johannesburg.
- SIP trunking project 2010 – 1115 interviews with ISDN customers in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town and Durban.
- Telecoms Business Landscape project 2010 – 1900 business interviews with companies of all different sizes, from all large towns in South Africa.
- Customer segmentation study for major South African ISP – business and consumer (1800 interviews)
- Business customer perception study for printer and notebook PC company (700 interviews)
- Business and consumer research component of provincial broadband strategy project (1500 interviews)
- 2x Customer segmentation and market sizing project for national telecommunications operator – 2005 and 2007 (1000 and 1700 interviews, respectively).
- Market sizing project for telecommunications operator in Lesotho (700 interviews)
Ryan Smit has been an Analyst with BMI-T since 2005 after graduating with a BCom in Marketing and Economics. Ryan is currently studying his SAIM Programme in Business Management at UNISA.
BMI-TechKnowledge telecoms expertise centre is the leading telecoms-focused advisory service in South Africa, with over 20 years of experience in the field, and is in the forefront of new developments in the market.
Through both our in-house resources and our extensive network of analysts and consultants spread across the African region and the globe, we advise and assist a diverse range of clients, including the leading mobile and fixed line telecoms operators in the region, regulators and government agencies, investors and infrastructure providers.