SA Internet Services Market Forecast and Analysis
The focus of this report is on South Africa's retail internet services market, covering both access and non-access segments of this market. On the access side, the different technologies that are currently deployed in SA are outlined in terms of their market shares and relevant revenues, while the non-access element of the report covers the market sizes and revenues of value-added activities such as hosting, voice and other services offered by ISPs. A helicopter view of the wholesale internet and transmission markets is also covered.
Objectives of the report
The focus of this report is on South Africa's retail internet services market including:
- Internet access services by technology
- Business vs. residential segmentation
- Overview of IP VPN, hosting and other services provided by ISPs
- Relevant market shares in the internet access market by segment
- Impact on overall internet market
The report is based on a combination of research sources and analyses, namely:
- Primary research through personal interviews with major players in the Internet services space.
- Market size estimations for those companies that were not interviewed were based on user survey data, and growth rates gathered from the primary interviews with the major players.
- Local desk research of published sources and web sites.
- Analysis of market size and growth, industry structure, layers and players, and individual profiles of selected leading players.
- Internet services market
- Internet access market
- Wholesale services procured (and sold) by ISPs
- Other ISP services
Key questions answered
- Which players are the chief beneficiaries and what will the future market and industry structure look like?
- What will be the impact on the market of the Neotel, new infrastructure players, self-provision, and the growing role of mobile cellular operators?
- Broadband service maturity, margin pressure, and looming consolidation?
- How rapidly will price/performance ratios change, benchmarked against international examples?
- Report in PDF format
- Feedback presentation in Johannesburg, including PowerPoint slide pack (may be combined with other topics at BMI-T’s discretion)
Request More Information