Africa Wireless Access and Broadband Market Analysis and Forecast
This report focuses on the diffusion of broadband services in Africa with a particular emphasis on countries that are making major strides in investment and provision of broadband services.
Objectives of the report
This study is updated annually and a key objective is to provide up-to-date market sizing and forecasts on wireless network deployment and broadband access in Africa, including: rate of rollout of broadband services, broadband internet access services by technology, revenue forecasts, competitive wireless access technologies and players, impact on overall telecoms markets in Africa. The report covers broadband services (both fixed and mobile, and alternative wireless access technologies, and the impact on the overall telecoms competitive market structure. Competing broadband services are discussed, including xDSL, W-CDMA/HSPA, and broadband fixed wireless (e.g. CDMA 1X and WiMAX).
This study is based primarily on extensive secondary research and modeling, conducted by senior analysts, incorporating results of other primary research studies and other online sources with detailed insight from industry thought leaders. Also included are:
- Analysis of telecoms infrastructure investment patterns based on BMI-T's Africa Infrastructure Report
- Interviews with leading network vendors in the supply of wireless access and broadband network infrastructure
- Interviews with leading network services providers and network operators in the delivery of services to both business and residential customers
- International benchmarking
- Local desk research of publicised sources and web sites
- Analysis of market size and growth, industry structure, layers and players, and individual profiles of selected leading players
Broadband competing technologies
Key questions answered
- What are the penetration rates per unit population of internet users and access connections, by country?
- How rapidly will broadband services be delivered in the various African markets in future?
- How rapidly will alternative wireless access networks be delivered in the various African markets?
- What will be the projected investment in wireless and broadband infrastructure?
- What will be the market size and growth, based on forecast scenarios that include analysis of environments across Africa?
- Detailed Excel workbook
- Executive summary report
Request More Information